How to sign up with The Grove (CVDL)
Uy’SKweyul Sl’em (Welcome!)
** Please connect with your home school principal to have a conversation about Distributed Learning vs your home school option prior to completing your transition to The Grove.
** SD79 is working hard to ensure that all Cowichan Valley students’ educational needs are met. No student will be denied a school district provided at-home learning educational opportunity (Distributed Learning) if you feel that at-home learning is the best program.
Huy ch q’u (Thank you) for your interest in joining our school learning community. To proceed, please complete the online enrolment form only after you have booked and had a conversation with one of our administrators. To book this appointment, please contact us at 250-746-0277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Once the ONLINE enrollment form is filled out and submitted, you will receive an automated email from our student management system (aka SMS2).
- Please note, if you are enrolling more than one student with our programs (YEAH, Huy ch q’u!), unfortunately, you will need to use a different student email for each enrollment form.
Now you need to send us a copy of identification (POA/ID) and proof of residency (POR) for the student enrolling.
- For identification, Birth Certificate, Passport, Status card, or Permanent Resident Card (WE NEED A COPY OF BOTH SIDES OF THE CARD).
- For proof of residency, BC Care Card, BC ID Card, BC Driver’s License, Status Card, or current utility bill (WE NEED A COPY OF BOTH SIDES OF THE CARD)
K to 9 program:
- First, a member from our administration team will contact you to discuss our program and you programs needs and desires. You can reach out to them first if you wish (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- Once this initial contact is made, the admin team will bring forward new families to the Grove Team. Teachers will be assigned to each new family and will contact them for an intake meeting ASAP.
- At this intake meeting, the new teacher and family will:
- Review roles of Teachers, Parents & Students in a DL program
- Review internet usage and our Aboriginal Education program
- Co-create the Student Learning Plan (SLP) for the school year
10 to 12 program:
- Once The Grove clerical receives your POR and POA, a second automated email will be sent to you with your new Moodle username and password (where all your work will be obtain and completed). You will need this to ‘sign in’ to your new online course(s)
- If you already have a SD79 Moodle account with the email used for enrollment, you will NOT be given a new username and password. If you forgot your old login information, please contact our office.
- If you are moving to The Grove (CVDL) program full time, you will also complete a Graduation Plan and a Student Learning Plan (SLP) with our academic advisor, we will also request your records from your old school. Please make an appoint with our academic advisor ASAP (Ann Kissinger VP: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please note that staff will NOT be working over the summer. Any work done by students over the summer will be assessed by teachers in September.
For all programs, work needs to be submitted within two weeks of enrollment or the signing of the Student Learning Plan (SLP).
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information: FAQ
Contact our office if you have any questions or concerns!
Thank you, we look forward to learning with you!