How to sign up with The Grove (CVDL)
Uy’SKweyul Sl’em (Welcome!)
Huy ch q’u (Thank you) for your interest in joining our school learning community. To proceed, please complete the online registration form here (or click on the blue button below).
- Once the ONLINE application is filled out and submitted, you will receive an automated email from our student management system (aka SMS2).
- Please note, if you are registering more than one student with our programs (YEAH, Huy ch q’u!), unfortunately, you will need to use a different student email for each registration form.
Now you need to send us a copy of identification (POA/ID) and proof of residency (POR) for the student enrolling.
- For identification, Birth Certificate, Passport, Status card, or Permanent Resident Card (WE NEED A COPY OF BOTH SIDES OF THE CARD).
- For proof of residency, BC Care Card, BC ID Card, BC Driver’s License, Status Card, or current utility bill (WE NEED A COPY OF BOTH SIDES OF THE CARD)
- Fax, scan or send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text images to 250-510-4373 (include students name and grade in the body of text)
- Come to the office to have photocopied: 1033 Nagle Street (McKirdy Building)
K to 9 program:
- Make an intake appointment with one of our fabulous K to 9 teachers (Contact Us), here you will:
- Review roles of Teachers, Parents & Students in a DL program
- Review internet usage and our Aboriginal Education program
- Co-create the student learning plan (SLP) for the school year
10 to 12 program:
- If you are taking a paper-based course (P) you will need to contact your new teacher ASAP to arrange how to get the first assignment
- If you are taking an online course (OL) you will be able to use the username and password provided (sent to you in an email) to ‘sign in’ your new online course (in Moodle)
- If you are moving to The Grove (CVDL) program full time, we will also complete a graduation plan and a student learning plan (SLP) with you as well as request your records from your old school.
Contact our office at any time should you have any questions or concerns!
Thank you, we look forward to learning with you!